Fowler Mediation is a mediation company which specializes in maximizing workplace effectiveness--making your business run seamlessly.
"My focus is on Workplace Mediation. I specialize in resolving problems in small- to medium-sized businesses (2-50 employees). I examine companies to see what systems they have in place that are continually causing problems, in order to redesign those systems as desired. I also provide training to manage existing conflict or prevent additional conflicts from occurring."
Dr. Clare Fowler is the president of Fowler Mediation. She is an adjunct instructor at the University of Oregon and a practicing workplace mediator. She mediates employee disputes, workplace problems, mergers and dissolutions, employee grievances, and organizational concerns. Clare Fowler is available to mediate disputes throughout Oregon. Additional locations upon request.
Clare Fowler has been mediating since 1999. She has mediated over 400 cases with a 91% settlement rate. Dr. Fowler has been employed as a mediator for the Supreme Court of Hawaii. Clare assisted the career development program for the Straus dispute resolution students.She has also mediated for the Los Angeles Superior Court, Center for Conflict Resolution, California Association of Mediation Professionals, Fulcrum Dispute Resolution Center, Yakima Valley Dispute Resolution Center, and the United Nations Association. She currently mediates primarily in Lane County, and surrounding Oregon counties..
- Master's of Dispute Resolution from the top dispute resolution program, the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at the Pepperdine University School of Law
- Doctorate in Business Conflict and Organizational Leadership from Pepperdine University
- Doctoral dissertation on designing dispute resolution systems that will sustain small businesses.
- Currently assists mediation firms in case management and development at Mediate.com
Clare has written, published, and presented papers on a variety of topics including:
- Dispute Resolution Options for Small Businesses
- Creating Effective Change in Small Businesses
- Designing Dispute Resolution Systems for Academic Institutions
- Making Money as a Mediator
- Faith-Based Dispute Resolution
- Leading Global Change: Resolving Disputes Across the Globe
|Manager coaching||Employee disputes|
|Guiding companies through change||Effective system design|
|Training (pre- and post-conflict)||Being "on-call" if a catastrophe happens!|